Wilcannia NSW 2836
History, culture & country
The Wilcannia Golf Club is on the site of the original Resch's Brewery, the first brewery that the Resch brothers built in Australia -- the trade associated with the brewery helped Wilcannia become the third largest port in Australia. The front stone wall is the remains of the original building, a photo of which is inside the Club.
Adjacent to the Golf Club stands the original Resch's residence (currently being renovated).
Each Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday no full strength beer, spirits or wine is to be sold before 11am or after 6pm for consumption off the premises.
Activities and Facilities:
- Golf Course opposite Club (Hire equipment available)
- Green Dragon Restaurant (see listing for menu)
- Wednesday night: Bingo
- Thursday night: Trivia
- Friday night: Meat Raffle
- Saturday night: Meat Raffle
- Monthly Live Entertainment (as advertised in local paper)
- Free courtesy bus (Wed-Sat 6pm until closing time)
Visitors welcome (photo ID required to sign-in)
Proprietor/Manager: Marg Stribbles
An ATM is located near the bar
Think about your choices Call Gambling Help 1800 858 858 www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au
Wilcannia Golf Club practices the Responsible Service of Alcohol