The Board of the Mutawintji Aboriginal Land Council invites you to attend Three Ordinary Member’s Meetings and Two Annual Meetings for Mutawintji Local Aboriginal Land Council.
The meeting details are as follows;
Dates: 14th April 2012.
Where: Mutawintji National Park
Three Ordinary Member’s meetings will be held on 14th of April prior to the Two Annual Meetings to discuss:
The review of the lease for Mutawintji National Park
Discussion of MLALC Board membership
Any other business
The Annual Meeting will be held on 14th April to discuss the following:
Confirmation of Previous Minutes
Receipt of the Mutawintji LALC Annual Report
Receipt of the audited financial statements for 2009-2010 and 2010-2011
Any other business
Election of the Mutawintji Local Aboriginal Land Council Board
PLEASE NOTE: In relation to the election for Board members:
- A person is entitled to vote in the election for Board members if the person is a voting member of the Mutawintji Local Aboriginal Land Council AND the person has attended at least 2 LALC meetings in the previous 12 months,
- A person must attend the meeting at which the election is conducted in order to vote. There is no proxy voting,
- You may seek information about membership of the Mutawintji Local Aboriginal Land Council from Clayton Spencer of the Mutawintji Local Aboriginal Land Council,
- If you are a member of the Mutawintji Local Aboriginal Land Council you may inspect the membership roll of the Council between business hours at the office of the Council.
- A member may also request further information about the procedure for the election of the Board from Leroy Johnson, including information about nominating to be elected as a Board member at the meeting,
- The Registrar of the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983, or a delegate of the Registrar shall be the returning officer for the election of Board members
As accommodation is limited, please come prepared to camp out.
All inquiries about this meeting should be directed to Acting CEO Clayton Spencer of the Mutawintji Local Aboriginal Land Council during business hours. Mileage forms will be available at the meeting but payment requests take approximately three weeks to process. No cash payments are available at the meeting. The Office of the Registrar is not responsible for any damage done or repairs needed to vehicles travelling to the meeting. One mileage form per vehicle.
Please register your attendance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address or call Clayton Spencer on 0428 874 164 by 5pm Wednesday 11th April 2012.
“See you at the Park”