Life and Light in the Western Region closes Friday, 30th September.
The theme of this year’s Life & Light in the Western Region photographic competition is “Rocks, Rust, Stars and Dust” to coincide with this year’s Rural Women’s Gathering hosted in Broken Hill. The theme was inspired by the incredible western landscape (rocks), the history of this region (rust), the incredible night skies (stars) and the red earth that has come to characterize the west (dust).
What will the judges be looking for?
The judges will be looking for images taken within the Western Region, no earlier than 2014. The more you know about the region you live in, the more chances you have of taking a prize-winning picture! Here are some ideas to help you impress the panel:
- photographs that show a passion for buildings or the surrounding landscape
- photographs that portray a sense of belonging and connection to a place and/or landscape
- native plants and animals in their natural habitat
- vibrant use of colour or contrast
- the Western Region’s land and water systems
- photographs that portray significant landscapes and landmarks from our region
- photographs of people interacting with their landscape
For more about what makes up our region, visit www.western.lls.nsw.gov.au.